Friday, October 21, 2016

Post Surgery Day 2: Free the Kracken ok...just the Catheter

Still Life with Catheter

Ok, so it might not be free the Kracken, but it is very nice to take my catheter out and have my bladder function.

What was even nicer is that the doctor listened to me and followed my request to allow me to take a foley bag home. Those of you in the medical biz knows what that means. This was a well done case of patient said to new doctor..."this is what happens to me post surgery.... my bladder takes 24 to 48 hours to function and I do not want to be in a position of having to  go the emergency room to be catheterized, so could we simply go home with one?  I know the protocol of removing it." And, with little question he said, "you know your own body." (I would hope so after 20 some odd surgeries) and away we went, reducing one post surgical problem that vexes me! The request definitely had to be vetted by the surgery center nursing staff, but ultimately I got what I wanted and reduced my stress level.

So that is the good news of day 2! A great example of a patient and Dr partnership!
SaveSave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There might be some difference between cities, labour costs, exchange rates and how renowned the surgeon is. It is possible that a surgeon of your choice may not be available, so it is always recommended to shortlist a couple of them for a backup plan.

Here you can find the World's Best Surgeons

Twitter Updates

Followers